Caltrans Route 247, San Bernardino
State Route 247 is in San Bernardino County beginning in Yucca Valley and ending in Barstow. Sully-Miller was contracted to overlay Route 247 from Tracy Boulevard to Manning Road, as well as from Chuckwagon Road to Barstow city limits.
Sully-Miller’s Quality Control Division oversaw overall quality and client satisfaction of the entire project. While the project was in progress, Sully-Miller’s Traffic Control Division provided traffic control. Sully-Miller performed all work at night because the road was just a single lane in each direction, reducing the impact to motorists.
Caltrans Route 247, San Bernardino project included:
- Construction site management
- Traffic Control
- Removing Thermoplastic marking and pavement markers
- Cold plane existing pavement
- Placing shoulder backing
- Overlaying hot mix asphalt,
- Coring pavement (quality control/quality assurance)
- Replacing thermoplastic marking and traffic striping
- Installing recessed-retro reflective pavement markers
This project was completed ahead of schedule.
Blue Diamond Materials plant in Victorville, CA supplied Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA).